Saturday, 7 April 2012

Something that makes me smile :D

Happy Easter weekend everyone, I'm still in Auckland.

I wanted to share some photos of my jewellery that's being stocked in a few independent boutiques in Wellington. It's also being stocked in a fancy design shop, Vesta, in Queenstown - but as that's in the South Island I haven't managed to take pics yet ;)

In the last month two awesome boutiques have stocked my jewellery. The first is Rex Royale, a funky shop on Cuba Street. I was REALLY pleased to have them accept my items as it's one of those trendy, cool shops with a bit of edge to it.

As I mentioned last week, I spotted my pieces in the shop window on my way past one evening!
Some of my items in the shop counter :)

The second of the shops (also on Cuba Street) that stocks my jewellery is independent designer 'emma'. The Cuba Street store is a really interesting space with cutesy furniture and ornaments, as well as fabulous clothes.







I love the furnishings in emma, and they sell other fun handmade jewellery too.
My Nothing But Bones necklace also made it to the shop window! Whoop!

I wanted to show some photos of my pieces in these shops as it is soooper-dooper exciting for me. Considering I started making jewellery (self-taught!!) not even 12 months ago, on a complete whim, I'm amazed that it's now for sale in some of Wellington's coolest shops. Yay!

What makes you smile?

9 comments:

  1. OOOH, two shops! Congrats. Your items look lovely, as always. I am always complimented on my "Isn't she tweet" necklace!

    --Jaclyn T
    Giveaway for TrickArt Jewellery on the blog:
    http://positiveponderings.blogspot.ca/2012/04/semesters-donelets-celebrate-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thats so awesome Sadie, happy for you! Im going to Queenstown in a few weeks - if you remind me i'd be happy to hunt down the store your jewellery is in and take some pics xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadie that's just fabulous - I'm so happy for you!!!! I used to sell handmade greetings cards many, many years ago, and I know how much of a buzz it was to go into a shop and see them on the shelves there! Well done girl :))

    Btw I featured the little Maori girl brooch I bought from you on my outfit post of Saturday 7th (she looks too cute!) if you wanted to check it out...?

    Take care lovely Sadie!

    Catherine x
    http://notdressedaslamb.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats, your pieces are so cute, every girl should love them:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Sadie! I'm glad you are proud of yourself. I'm proud of you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hy dear! :)

    I really love this post!!

    Can you follow my blog? http://www.saltosdecristal.com/

    I will follow you back.

    Kisses,
    http://www.saltosdecristal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That has to be one of the best feelings in the world to see your own jewelry in a store. Congrats on this Sadie!

    Also, you won the C. Michelle Styles giveaway on my blog! Check it out here: http://www.ohtobeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a fun trip! Hope you had an amazing time!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I READ and LOVE every comment! Please leave your blog address if you would like me to check your blog out :D

Sadie x