Wednesday 16 March 2011

Happy St Patrick's Day!

So today is St Patrick's Day! Hurrah! I have worn a green dress especially for the occasion - I may not be Irish, but my Mum's side of the family are, so I like to think my nan would be proud, even if she is on the other side of the world right now!

Wellington has its fair share of Irish bars, which have all been gearing up for today's celebrations. Shame the weather has let us down and it's pouring with rain - bah! But it won't put off toooo many revellers tonight I bet...! I'm popping out for a few pints of the "black stuff" (well, I'll be sticking to vodka I expect!!) with some friends later and hoping for a bit of a knees up and some jolly good craic.

Well, I attended my FIRST EVER CRAFT meeting last night, as I mentioned yesterday. The club has fortnightly meetings, and once every six weeks do a 'swap' - where they've made an item within a set theme for another member. I've signed up for the next swap (a movie theme - not been given my swappee yet so watch this space for panic in the next week or so!) and so popped along last night to see the group exchange their swaps from the last round.

It was so interesting to see how each person had interpreted the theme in their own favourite crafty outputs. The theme had been 'housewife' and there was everything from gorgeously girly rubber gloves, hand-embroidered doilies (LOVED these) created by Teresa, to knitted coasters and an AMAZING cake stand upcycled from china plates and tiny goblets! So the pressure is on - I will definitely be looking for inspiration for my swap soon!!

I've read about craft/blog swaps around the world and want to get involved in one and so will be doing a wee bit of research about that too!

Have a happy St Pat's and remember - you don't have to be Irish to be Irish!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sadie! I just saw that you were asking how to make the rolled fabric flowers on Simply Sadie's blog! I just did a tutorial on one way to make them if you're interested! ;)

    http://natsprat.blogspot.com/2011/03/rolled-fabric-rosette-headband-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie,

    Awesome - thanks so much, just checked it out and think the whole headband project is definitely worth a go!

    Cheers,Sadie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the NAME!! isn't it the BEST!!! Thanks for your sweet comment and trust me there will be a tutorial coming soon so you will get all the info you need!! Love your blog and you!! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sadie - lovely to meet you last night & thanks for mentioning me on your blog:) I shall be posting some pictures of the dolies soon. I am so glad you liked them - I don't usually make stuff thats quite so girly. Have a great St Paddies - I wore a green dress too:D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I READ and LOVE every comment! Please leave your blog address if you would like me to check your blog out :D

Sadie x