Saturday 20 August 2011

High Tea!

Hi all, how is your weekend?
The craft fair was GREAT fun on Friday - I only took one photo of the stall (oops) but I am hoping to get the photos my friend took and then I will tell you all about it properly!

We have the bf's sister and fiancee staying with us this weekend. They have tried to visit us twice this year - the first time their flights were cancelled due to the Christchurch earthquakes, the second time their flights were cancelled due to the Chilean ash cloud, and when we went to visit them last month our flights were cancelled due to the snow in Christchurch! So it was a miracle they actually arrived on Friday (albeit 2.5 hours late and we'd had to cancel dinner at a new Mexican restaurant because the plane was delayed!!). 

Anyway I digress (sorry). I wanted to share photos from the lovely high tea the bf and I had last week at Martha's Pantry.....

Love the old tea cups and random spoons!


It was SUCH a wet Sunday afternoon....

Teeny tiny tea shop

I would love one of these for my house!!
The top tier - little cakes :)

Pinky up!!
Middle tier - pieces of scone and savoury frittata

Bottom tier - sandwiches and pate (I could only eat the veggie cream cheese one)
 



What a cute cake!

Does anyone else love the decadence of high tea as much as I do!?

18 comments:

  1. cute photos I love high teas they are so much fun!
    XX Ilana
    http://mymodernvintagefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOW!!! AMAZING PICTURES!!!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG

    NOW I'M YOUR NEW FOLLOWER!!! :) COULD YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG?!?

    http://dreamsonthestage4.blogspot.com

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty decorations. I love the quaint little tea you had, it's so cute!

    Glad that your boyfriend's sister and fiancee finally came, it must be a relief and really nice to see them again.

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE tea parties! A tea party-themed wedding reception would be great, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always loved high tea, those teacups are soooooo cute, i will love to have one too:))
    http://mystylebyjoandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah that looks like so much fun! I've never had high tea before but I'd love to if I had the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so british sipping that tea! I am not a tea lover, I am addicted to coffee instead!! Which is no good!!!
    Xx

    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww - I wish my BF would come to high tea with me? Lol. I love the photo of your man with his pinky up, too funny!!
    No luck finding a pink blazer in Melbourne but I will be keeping my eye out in Sydney just for you!

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I really love that place!! I want to eat all these sweets!! :D

    http://chicneverland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great time you had! Those cakes look so pretty and the tea cups are art :)

    http://foreverunderstated.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cups and saucers and the cake stand and everything looks yummy. Vintage high tea! Perfectly lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. those little sandwiches and the entire platter look super adorable. and i love that his pinky is up, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh that high tea looks insanely good!

    my brother and sisters departures have been planned for a while but it's still so weird them both leaving together!

    hope you're well lovely
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love it so adorable wish i would go for some high tea! great photos can't wait to see some of the craft fair!

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. love little tea cups and sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed visiting Martha's pantry too.. sometimes it's fun to do something a little different. I love finding new things to do in Wellington. I loved how each person got a different vintage spoon.. at our table ours were all travel destinations. The tea cozies and floral cups and saucers were a cute touch too. Are you vegetarian too?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow it really sounds as if someone didn't want y'all to meet up! Haha. I want to see the craft fair picture!!! Cute setup for the high tea.
    Shasie of Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. High tea! You are so fancy! Glad to hear your craft fair went well. You have the most extreme weather conditions Ive ever heard of haha. Here it's just hot hot hot. Posting as ANON cause google wont let me put my true identity!

    Sophia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I READ and LOVE every comment! Please leave your blog address if you would like me to check your blog out :D

Sadie x