Wednesday 17 August 2011

Wild Welly Weather!

Hi all!! I haven't forgotten you, I promise!

Things have been a bit mad here this week. Firstly, there's been SNOW!!! Wellington had its first snow fall since 1975! And some Kiwis went snow mad! I'm not used to a HUGE amount of snow in the UK, but the last couple of years there's been a big snowfall in winter. So I am kinda used to it now.
Snow varied greatly from area to area - but this was the extent of my snow!!
However, here in Welly some people were panicking and staying indoors over the merest sprinkling! Which is interesting considering they have earthquakes and general BAD WEATHER all the time, you'd think they'd take some snow in their stride :)

It did look very beautiful. Here is a wonderful video that's been very popular this week, filmed here in Welly.


We also had a freaky ice storm on Monday night. Now THAT scared the bejeezus outta me!! The bf and I were sat at the kitchen table after work and all of a sudden lightning, thunder and the lights in our apartment blew all at the same time!!! I could tell the lightning had been close, and shortly afterwards FIVE fire engines sped up past our house. Apparently an apartment block had been struck! And an airplane was struck at the airport too! So we had no TV or internet all of Monday evening and some of Tuesday evening.

Other than the snow I have spent every spare minute preparing for my first ever craft fair tomorrow!! I am SO VERY EXCITED about it!! I have made cards and tags for my items and had a "dress rehearsal" of the table last night. Hope it's good fun as I have bored the bf to death this week with it all!! ;)
Here's some of my preparations for the craft fair tomorrow!
I love my earring cards and tags!! I designed them all by myself! ;)

Have you ever experienced dramatic weather conditions???

14 comments:

  1. Your creations are so adorable I'm sure they'll be a knockout hit at the fair!

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    seeing steel magnolias

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully the weather gets at least a little better! love everything you made so adorable and the cards and tags are sooo cute!! and my hair it was just a regular braid the top was just my bangs to the side

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where I live, the weather is constantly changing. I never thought much of it until a friend from Russia commented on it. Ice storms do suck, though.

    Everything looks great for your fair. GOOD LUCK! :)

    –Jaclyn T
    I won a $25 gift certificate to the Steamy Kitchen Shop…but they don’t ship to Canada. I’m giving it away on my blog:
    http://positiveponderings.blogspot.com/2011/08/giveaway-benefit-from-my-loss.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. the weather does seem outlandish! i do think your earrings and the cards look so cute Sadie! good luck at the craft fair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not really experienced any dramatic weather conditions living in England - although when it snowed in the winter it was amazing because everything stops and I didn't have to go to school :-P! Super scary that an apartment block near you was struck though!

    I hope that you did well at the craft fair, that sounds really interesting, the things that you made look gorgeous too!

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow? Ice storm!??? Omg!!!
    you did a great job with those eartings an cards and tags!
    Xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck at your craft fair!! All of your jewelry is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a Kiwi that has lived in a much colder climate - I did think some people were overly paranoid. Going home early when the snow wasn't that bad and they didn't live very far from their work! But it was fun having snow (even though we didn't have much on Willis Street!) But that hailstorm was horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luckily, I've never experienced such a dramatic weather conditions! I really hope it gets better soon! And good luck with the craft fair :)


    Happy Friday!

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creations are just adorable!! It looks like you've been keeping nice and busy! Oh gosh, I can't believe there was snow *and* an ice storm. Here we are just melting in the heat, ugh I can't wait until the fall!

    Thank you so much for you kind comment, too :) It's true time helps; things get better a little every day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, sounds like some mad crazy weather. The craziest I ever experienced was mexican summer rain and lightening. Once when I went jogging, and came home soaked. That was cool. Your cards looks so cute! I used to do craft fairs but my stuff was not presented nicely like yours. Good luck! I wanna hear how you do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WELL... snow in Auckland was pretty crazy! (well, "snow"...)

    Your earrings look super cute! I'm sure you'll have a great time at the craft fair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the presentation of all your goodies, Sadie!
    I hope your stall went well! Stay dry!

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good Luck girlie with the craft fair! can't wait to read about it. Haha, people do the same thing in Houston when it snows. The city absolutely shuts down.
    Shasie of Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I READ and LOVE every comment! Please leave your blog address if you would like me to check your blog out :D

Sadie x